Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Panic attack!

"Climb to safety
After all that I've been through, you're the only one that matters
Climb to safety
You never left me in the dark here on my own
Climb to safety
Feel the water rising. Let me be your ladder
Climb to safety
I promise you'll be dry and never be alone

You call me on the phone, you say that it is crucial
You stick your fingers in your ears 'til they explode
I guess the business will be goin' on as usual
We must grab each others collar, we must rise out of the water
'Cause you know as well as I do that it's no fun to die alone

Climb to safety
After all that I've been through, you're the only one that matters
Climb to safety
You never left me in the dark here on my own
Climb to safety
Feel the water rising. Let me be your ladder
Climb to safety
I promise you'll be dry and never be alone

Climb to safety, safety
Climb to safety, safety
Climb to safety, safety
Climb to safety, safety"

~ Widespread Panic

No, not that kind of panic attack! This was the good kind...

I was able to go out last Sunday night to see Widespread Panic with my good friend.

I can't begin to tell you how good it was to get out of the house, hear some great live music and feel like my old self, at least a little.

It went very well. I had been worried that I'd get too tired or get one of my headaches but I felt fine though I did have take my cane along and sit down quite a bit to rest.

But it was a smallish venue and the sound was excellent no matter where you sat.. WP is not really a visual type of band.. it's more about the jams so sitting in the back was just fine.

I was dead tired by the time I got home but it was well worth it.. I've been tired before.. :)

I have to admit, I am not used to going to a show completely sober like that (I can't really drink alcohol at all now days) but it was no big deal. I spent so much of my earlier days partying like there was no tomorrow, I guess a little sobriety is probably a good thing.

Hearing live music that I love and thinking about something other than cancer for a few hours is the best sort of party anyway....

No comments: