Wednesday, July 11, 2007

MRI day

"Well I bumped inside the magic man
And he layed some tricks for me
He said, "You do need help my friend"
I whispered, "obviously"

He laid a spread of Jacks and Queens
And he bade me take my pick
But every face had your face
I cried out, "I am sick..." "

~ D. Roeser - P. Smith (Blue Oyster Cult)

Today is a big day for me. In about 45 minutes, I'm off to Kaiser for what may prove to be a crucial MRI scan of my brain. Hopefully, I'll soon know if both the targeted SRS treatments I received back in April and the more recent WBRT has done me any good or not.

The best news would be that all existing mets have been eradicated. This is not terribly likely but is not ungeard of either. If they've shrunk or even just become stable, well, even that would be cause for celebration.

If the brain lesions have grown or, worse, new ones have appeared... well, lets just say, that would suck in a big way. I don' think I need to say what that would do to my chances of overall survival.

I feel pretty good and am trying to stay positive but I have to admit, I didn't really know what "Scanxiety" really meant till now.

Unfortuately, this is Kaiser we're dealing with so I probably won't know any result till a week from today at the earliest. Be sure that I'll update here and on the List as soon as I know anything.

In the mean time, any positive vibes you may have to spare are more than welcome. And those of you with religious beliefs, well, if you don't mind sending out prayers for this old unbeliever, well, I'll gratefully accept those as well. I may need all the help I can get.

No comments: