Tuesday, April 20, 2004

"Doctor, Doctor, Gimmie the news..."

Well, I'm home. I won't pull any punches here.. it sucked big-time. The whole ordeal was much worse than I ever dreamed of. It was also, as many told me it would be, "over before I knew it" and "not all that bad". How do I explain this apparent contradiction? Read on.. (I am writing this in sections since about a paragraph or two seems to be all I can handle before needing a rest...)

Dear Imaginary Reader,

I'm very sorry that my stand-in, the Mystery Guest here at the Blogwagon didn't do a very good job of updating. I forgive him, naturally though I am somewhat suprised, seeing as how much time and energy he spends updating his own blogs, I thought the assignment was right down his alley. (livejournal.com / deadjournal.com) he has made his curent one "friends only" or I'd link you to it. I enjoy his writing a lot. Its really much better than my own. Some very excellent writing there but it seems that he and his friends kept getting in trouble because they would post their goings on in their public blogs where anyone, including a certain net savvy Dad could read them. Pretty funny, actually... [break time...]

I used to catch them at all sorts of shenanigans that way before they finally caught on. I forgive the Mystery Guest though, as I said.. I'm sure he's had a head full of "stuff" as much as anyone in my family lately. He visited me often while I was in the House of Pain and provided a lot of comfort.

"Everything happens for a reason.." says the father character in the movie, "Life as a House" and while my situation does not directly correspond to his in the movie (I'm not dying), I do know what he means now. The "reason" here for me was to provide me with a new found love and appreciation of my immediate family. Great movie, by the way, if you haven't seen it. It has special meaning for me.. but its a real tear fest.

Speaking of tears and the House of Pain.. [Break]

[It has taken me over 2 hours to write the above (in 5 minute increments) so I'm gonna save/publish what I have now to make sure I don't lose it. I may need to reboot for a keyboard swap.. so, To be Continued....]

No comments: