Saturday, April 28, 2007

Toys!

"Money, its a crime.
Share it fairly but dont take a slice of my pie.
Money, so they say
Is the root of all evil today.
But if you ask for a raise its no surprise that theyre
Giving none away."
~ Pink Floyd


Maybe I'm a selfish and greedy person.

No, I *am* a selfish and greedy person.

Every time I get to feeling sorry for myself I run out and buy myself someting, usually some new toy. Unfortunately, I like expensive toys - electronics, mostly.

So since coming home from the hospital with a hole in my head, I've bought an Xbox 360 (400.00), several computer and xbox games (200.00 or so), various cables and accesories for the above (150.00 or so)

Today, I'm going out to buy 2 new hard drives because I'm having trouble with my computer and replacing the drives is the easiest way to get out of the mess even though I could probably fix it myself without buying anything given enough time and patience.

I justify it by telling myself that I need to get my system working well while I still can in case I atart losing my marbles from my up-coming radiation treatment.

But I do feel guilty because my loving spouse is in a vulnerable state, as strong as she is and I could probably talk her in to letting me buy nearly anything right now. I'm not deliberately taking advantage of the situation but yet I continue to buy things (Oh yeah, I forgot that copy of Windows Vista - 100.00) (BTW, if you are tempted to upgrade your computer to run Vista, I'd advise you to hold off for 6 months or so while they fix all the bugs - it sucks right now in too many ways to list here).

I'll try to stop buying myself things after this. I promise!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go for it Joe! I do the same thing, although I'm the caretaker, not the patient. Look at it this way, only one of you is doing the buying, it could be worse if she was doing it too!
Take care, Janice