Thursday, February 15, 2007

Hello..

You may start hearing from me more now.. there is certainly plenty to talk about.

To start us off and to save time, I will simply paste from a "List" post which should serve to get us updated on the situation...


--snip--

Anyway, I got some more info today...

The tumor was, as expected, single Clear Cell met to the brain (the left occipital lobe), completely ressected.

I still have a 1cm and 1.8CM met one in each lung, growing but slowly. I had been in the process to scheduling the removal of the lung mets when the brain met was discovered and pretty much killed that idea..

Once treatment decisions have been reached for the brain, I will enter treament for the lung mets, most likely HDIL2.

I think that about covers it. I am not keen on WBR but have not ruled it out.

He also mentioned some sort of partial or targeted radiation but kept complaining that this went against "standards of treatment" and wold not recommend it.

He also said we could simply do nothing and see what pops up and deal with it as needed but was even more against this option. This option also scares my wife too much and will probably not be used.

We are seeing Dr. Gailani at Riverside Kaiser as well but I believe he is sort of staying out of the debate as far as my poor old brain is concerned but will be handling the parts of my treatments that are not part of radiology but I may be confused on this part.

Lastly, (and perhaps most importantly)we've decided to see Dr. Figlin at City of Hope for at least a single consult and 2nd opinion. We will attempt to make Kaiser eat this but will pay out of pocket if we must.

--snip--

No comments: