Thursday, December 18, 2003

I am completely fascinated with something I have recently discovered - the Iraqi Bloggers.

Here is a link to some to get started, it has links to most of the other good ones: http://iraqataglance.blogspot.com/ (beware of trolls when reading the comments)

These people are just incredible. Every American owes it to themselves to read them. This is something unprecedented in history. Can you imagine, for example, if ordinary people in Nazi Germany had been able to communicate their true thoughts to the entire world? How would that have effected WWII?

The bravery and wisdom of these Iraqis is nearly beyond comprehension to someone like me, who has led a sheltered life in the US. I hope that one day, all of their dreams for a better life become reality.

Yes, I realize that we have no way of knowing if these bloggers are real Iraqis or that they are really writing from Iraq. But I think that any reasonably intelligent person can read their words and see the ring of truth.

I strongly urge you to go check it out, no matter how you feel about the war or what your politics are.

***On a personal note, I have been feeling exceptionally wordy lately so perhaps this blog will start getting more attention from me. I want to figure out how to allow comments on my entries just in case anyone is actually reading this can leave comments or insults or whatever.

The late Dr. Atkins is my new hero. I started his diet just 6 weeks ago and have lost nearly 30 lbs so far. I am so tired of being a fat ass. I still have a long way to go (needed to lose at least 70 lbs or more) but I feel so good and so positive, for once in my life that I think I will actually succeed. I feel like a new person. Really.

No comments: